Scott Hudgens Scholarship
The Scott Hudgens Scholarship Fund provides assistance to GCPS and Buford High School graduates who are not eligible for HOPE funding for college expenses including tuition, books and program supplies.
In order to qualify for a Scott Hudgens Scholarship, a student must:
- Be a recent graduate of the Gwinnett County Public High School System or Buford High School
- Be ineligible for the HOPE Scholarship
- Exemplify leadership potential and demonstrate potential for success
- Be accepted into a degree program at Gwinnett Technical College
- Provide a written letter of reference from high school guidance counselor, teacher, or faculty member
Applications cannot be processed unless all required documentation is attached to the application at time of submittal.
Scholarship funds are to be used for tuition, books, and program supplies used solely for the benefit of the individual receiving the scholarship. Before funds will be disbursed, the Foundation office must receive a note of thanks from the recipient to the donor(s).
The Gwinnett Tech Foundation committee will select and notify the scholarship recipients.
If the recipient fails to enroll, withdraws from college, or does not maintain eligibility requirements, the Gwinnett Tech Foundation will select another student if time permits; otherwise, funds will be held in the donor’s account to be carried over to the next semester.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a graduate of the Gwinnett County Public High School System or Buford High School?
- When did you graduate from high school?
- Are you able to receive the HOPE Scholarship?
- Please explain why you are unable to receive the Hope scholarship